Helping Allegheny Valley Hospital During the Coronavirus Crisis
At the suggestion of one of our members, Pastor Greg contacted Ms. Chelsea Thomas of the Allegheny Health Network to discuss ways the church may help during the coronavirus crisis, particularly, Allegheny Valley Hospital. (Contact is also being made with UPMC St. Margarets)
- 1. People Who Sew: You can make homemade facemasks to protect healthcare workers and/or first responders. (Cloth is acceptable)
- A. AHN can accept homemade cloth facemasks. (A variety of designs are available online. JoAnn Fabrics, for example).
- B. Another need and opportunity is to sew nylon or plastic (non-porous, washable)fanny packs for mask storage. These would be for caregivers to store personal masks (especially when they may need to be reused)
2.Here is a way we can donate and volunteer that will benefit both the Hospital and local businesses.
- A. We can purchase meals from area restaurants and deliver to the hospital. (Arrangements must be made in advance with Chelsea at AHN. The meals would be for groups of staff, example: The Emergency Department at AVH.
- B. We may also provide professionally produced, packaged snacks for groups of staff.
- 3. Donate blood (If Interest is shown, TUMC will look into avenues for this contribution)
- 4. Financial Donations for AVH or AHN
(If Interest is shown, TUMC will look into avenues for this contribution)
To arrange to drop off masks or bags at the church, or he can pick them up at your home.
To express interest in other avenues of contribution.